At IREM, we seek to prepare our members for the dynamic world of real estate management. Our mission has never mattered more than it does now. But IREM could not be so prepared to serve our members’ needs were it not for our members themselves.
We all faced uncertainties over recent months, and we all learned from each other. As we shared our stories and collected best practices, we unraveled the tough issues one by one and then moved on to the next. What we ultimately grasped from our common experiences is that we really are all in this together, all of us from around the world.
What better time to celebrate the extraordinary contributions of real estate management professionals than now? Our members have pivoted, adapted, and put their residents, tenants, and staff first. Their efforts have not gone unnoticed, especially by those they serve.
In recognition of their ongoing commitment to our profession, IREM is celebrating their achievements with the IREM REME awards. This year IREM offered six award categories for individuals and for organizations as follows:
- CPM of the Year
- ARM of the Year
- AMO of the Year
- IREM Innovator Award
- IREM Excellence Award – Individual
- IREM Excellence Award – Corporate
Across each category, this year’s nominees have demonstrated excellence in countless ways. From supporting food banks to providing PPE, they’ve served their communities. Our innovators have found ways to save energy, protect the environment, and enhance the customer experience. They’ve taken a hard look at and made improvements to their diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies. And who would’ve thought that one of our nominated companies created an environment that supports the bee population?
The creativity and energy of this year’s group are unlimited and have made the process of selecting a winner in each category that much harder. We applaud each one of them and thank them for continuing to elevate our profession. Here are the finalists:
AMO of the Year
- NAI Elliott, AMO
- Physicians Realty Trust, AMO
- Realty Trust Group, LLC, AMO
ARM of the Year
- Doris Granger, CPM Candidate, ARM, Property Manager with JMG Realty
- Karen Kubinak, ARM, Community Manager with Access Property Management
- Rob Johnson, ARM, General Manager of the “Ilikai” in Waikiki
- Vanessa Grayson, ARM, Associate Property Manager for Cushman & Wakefield, AMO
CPM of the Year
- Christopher J. Lieb, CPM, Director and General Manager at Oxford Properties Group
- Julia Paluka, CPM, Area Manager for The RMR Group
- Lucinda Lilley, CPM, CAPS, Vice President of FBS Property Management, AMO
- Muhammad JawadUrRehman, CPM, Property Manager in RAK Properties PJSC
IREM Excellence Award – Corporate
- Colliers International, AMO
- FirstService Residential
- Peabody Properties, Inc., AMO
- Taubman Realty Group, LLC, AMO
- The RMR Group, LLC
IREM Excellence Award – Individual
- Angela Samargia, CPM, McGough Facility Management
- Angelina Scarcelli, CPM, CCIM, Director of Operations at Colliers International LV
- Catherine Li Chen, Director of IREM education in China
- Jasmyn Sylvester, CPM, ACoM, Senior Property Manager for Pine Tree, LLC
- Jonathan Tucker, CPM, EVP of Operations and Facilities, Cortland, AMO
- Kimberly Parker, CPM, ARM, Senior Property Manager for The Abrams Management Company
IREM Innovator Award
- Cortland, AMO
- CRC Companies
- Granite Properties, Inc.
- Legacy, LLC, AMO
The winners in each category will be announced at this year’s IREM Global Summit Gala, held in person on Oct. 14 at the Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa in Las Vegas.
Regardless of which individuals or companies are selected, this year’s nominees have illuminated real estate management, and we’re all the better for them.