By Rebecca O’Brien
The IREM Foundation was founded in 1977 and has been granting scholarships for much of its 42-year history. In addition to scholarships, the Foundation funds several grants throughout the year that help to further the real estate management industry. It is supported by a talented volunteer board of directors and the tremendous generosity of our members, chapters and friends. Take a look at some highlights from 2019:
- 320+ IREM Foundation Scholarships awarded
- 10 leaders supported through IREM’s Diversity & Inclusion Succession Initiative (DISI)
- 21,000+ potential future real estate professionals reached through IREM participation at the 2019 Distributive Clubs of America (DECA) Conference held in April
- 61 college students impacted by funding for university curriculum
- 11 college students sent to the 2019 Global Summit
The newly elected 2020–2022 Foundation Officers, President Julie Scott, CPM, and Vice President Karen Pharr, CPM, are pleased to announce six new additions to the 2020 board: Terrell Edwards, CPM; Benjamin Forsyth, CPM; George Griffin, CPM; Shawn Harvey, CPM; Jonathan Tucker, CPM; and Eileen Wirth, CPM. And the 2020 board of directors is ready to pick up the charge for the coming year, with a passion for property management and commitment to the mission of advancing the profession.
Make a year-end donation today and support continued academic outreach, diversity initiatives, industry research and Foundation scholarships in 2020. Visit iremfoundation.org to give, or text “ifound” to 444-999.